Modernization of rotating filter grids of the Danube water purification systems of Kozloduy NPP
KOZLODUY NPP EAD
Aug 2022 – Jun 2026
5 081 632 EUR
The purpose of the contract is the design, delivery, installation, and commissioning of new rotary filter grids 5,6VA11,12,13N01,02 in TPS-3 of Kozloduy NPP EAD. For this purpose, step-by-step work design, delivery of the necessary new equipment and spare parts dismantling of the existing rotating grids, installation, and commissioning of the newly delivered equipment, and training of the personnel is carried out.
The existing rotary filter grids type TN-3000-12500 are morally obsolete, physically amortized, with high maintenance and service costs, and with decreasing reliability over time.
The new 12 pieces of rotating grates type SO2 produced by the company PROFILTER Sp. z o.o. (Poland), as a concept, they repeat the original project from the 80s. As an innovation, an alternative solution for construction materials has been proposed, guaranteeing the lightening of the construction, and improving the flexibility and fluidity of work. The underwater part of the grid and the filter elements are made of corrosion-resistant steel, and the drive is carried out by means of vulcanized toothed belts. The project offers a solution to improve the sealing of the rotary filter grid to the guides, using a modern and reliable solution in line with modern trends in this field.
The new design solution provides:
- High reliability and low failure rate of the rotary grid.
- Significant reduction in operating costs.
- Complete sealing of the guide system.
- Very smooth and silent operation.
- High corrosion resistance.
- Less consumption of washing water.
- Saving electrical energy (lighter construction of the filter element).
- Does not require the use of a traction control system.
Scope of the project
- Work design;
- Manufacture and supply of equipment;
- Dismantling of the old equipment;
- Installation, and commissioning of the newly delivered equipment;
- Training of at least 24 representatives of the Contracting Authority.