Social Accountability Policy
The Company’s social responsibility policy has been developed by the Management, documented, implemented, maintained, and made known to all levels in the structure of the Company in an accessible language and is available to staff and external interested parties.
GCR AD follows and promotes the observance of internationally recognized human rights and considers the protection of the inviolability, health, rights, and well-being of its employees to be elements of paramount and fundamental importance in the exercise and development of its activities.
Regarding social responsibility, the Management of GCR AD undertakes:
- To comply with national and international legislation, as well as any other signed agreement governing labor relations.
- To meet all the requirements of the SA 8000 standard, conventions, and recommendations of the International Labor Organization.
- To define company regulations and goals, ensuring continuous improvement in the field of social responsibility and to perform periodic assessment of the state of social responsibility activities.
Regarding social responsibility, the policy of GCR AD is aimed at strategic management, contributing to sustainable economic development, fair labor relations with employees, their families, the local community, and society as a whole, in order to improve the quality of life.
The guiding principles of GCR AD regarding social responsibility include:
- Prohibition of child labor.
- Prohibition of forced and compulsory labor.
- Respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms as set out in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
- Protection of generally accepted human values.
- Ensuring healthy and safe working conditions for employees.
- Freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining.
- Prohibition of discrimination.
- Prohibition of illegal disciplinary practices.
- Staff development and motivation.
- Job creation.
- Providing security in payments.
- Maintaining adequate remuneration with the timely payment of salaries, taxes, and types of insurance for employees and workers.
- Formulation of rules for constructive business ethics and ensuring their observance.
- Responsibility in carrying out charitable activities, including participation in various charitable events, such as support for homes for children deprived of parental care, financial support for the treatment of seriously ill children, financial support for non-governmental organizations involved in the rehabilitation and socialization of disadvantaged children.
- Maintaining fruitful interactions with the public and local authorities, as well as with non-governmental organizations, business associations, educational and expert institutions, and others.
- If necessary, publicize the activities of the Company in this field through the media or social networks.
The social responsibility policy of GCR AD is specified and implemented through the Manual and other documented information of the Integrated Management System.